I’m /angry right now. I am at the end of a very short fuse because my gaming fun is being pretty much railroaded.
Running a linkshell is hard work. Running two linkshells is fucking insane. As Rotx discovered, it’s not easy to run Dynamis. He did ok, but it stressed the hell out of him. Doyler knows it, I know it but running linkshells is at times a thankless job.
I realise people have lives but many players’ priorities extend only as far as themselves. That means if they don’t feel like it, if they don’t want to, if they can’t be bothered – then they’re not going to do the things which makes life easier for everyone. No, this post doesn’t apply to everyone.
So which things are bugging me right now?
- Know your fucking job. Learn about it, read about it, use it. Research. Work out what ALL your spells and Job abilities do. You’re 75. Not level 1. At 75 you ground through a TON of xp. If you don’t know what your spells and JA do, then go and learn NOW and don’t fucking show up to events until you know. That includes a basic understanding of what stats do for your job and when you should focus on what.
- Learn how to macro gear. It’s not hard. We’re not talking Windower macros here we’re talking a few freaking lines of text which show you have half a freaking clue and that it isn’t a waste to give you endgame armour.
- Stop pretending that events are IMPOSED on you and start remembering YOU wanted to do these freaking events and so WE organised them for YOU!
- Start taking responsibility for yourself and your character and remember if you MESS up it DOES affect others and so act accordingly. People mess up; the best ones are those who admit it, apologise, learn from it and allow us to move the hell on.
- Start thinking about more than yourself. Try showing up to some events you don’t have an enormous interest in, just because maybe, just maybe the people who do are your friends and the people who got your favourite piece of armour. Oh wait, you have it now I forgot – SCREW anyone else!
- Stop being a lazy tard. No really. Go get your maps, your coffer keys, your meds.
- Keep your fucking buffer capped rather than running around Whitegate. If you delevel and screw over an event because you lost key abilities you fail.
- Work out for your freaking self jobs/subjobs/food. These are only events we’ve been doing for oh I don’t know 3-4 YEARS. Sure if we need you to change, we’ll ask you.
- Let other people know if YOU can’t or in the case of Einherjar CAN make events.
- Keep fucking Reraise up if you can Raise. Be prepared to HOMEPOINT if needed and don’t bitch.
- And if you come to an event and you forgot reraise or it came down and you didn’t notice, say that. Don’t bullshit me with ‘Oh it got dispelled’. You know why? Cos 9/10 times the mobs can’t dispel freaking Reraise ANYMORE. Which you’d know if you ever freaking read the update notes. Oh you know, the ones we post in the FORUM that you don’t use. Stop being cheap and buy reraise, all of you. Yeah even you, the guy who never bothers in Dynamis and calls for freaking raises. I’ve warned you once.
- Oh whilst you’re at it, I’ve heard EVERY excuse there is. I mean EVERY. Sure some of them, they’re pretty genuine but you know what, I’ve heard more BULLSHIT out of the mouths of linkshell members than I have anyone else.
- Oh and remember, just because YOU want a piece of gear doesn’t mean someone else doesn’t and has done MORE work than you and so DESERVE it. What? You just got that job to 75 – oh wait that means you should throw a tantrum when they get to lot!?
- Oh and if you don’t show up to runs, guess what, those Dynamis Rules – yes they apply to you too. Yes, we know work, family – stuff. No problem. We’re not kicking you from the freaking shell, you didn’t show for three runs in a row and we decided the people who did, deserved not to get armour lotted out from under their noses by selfish ***** who think that’s just fine. Yes I know, it sucks. But guess what – YOU WEREN’T THERE. They were. They kept the shell going whilst you dealt with whatever real life threw at you. But no, you decided that instead of letting it go, you had to get upset and throw a fit about it. Instead of just accepting that at some point, the same will probably happen to them and it’s just life.
I don’t think the sun shines out of Japanese butt but I seriously have an issue with some Western players and more I have an issue with players who treat those around them like shit by ignoring them by repeatedly letting the shell and their friends down and by generally not caring enough to contribute usefully to a community.
Cos you know, I don’t get paid for this shit. I’m paying my subscription fees just like you. I put one HELL of a lot of work into the shells I run and frankly some days, you make it all feel like nothing.