I really can’t deal with all the new JA in detail etc so I’m going to take the Eldelphia focus on the new shinies. So if you have WHM, SMN, BRD, BLM, SCH, RDM, COR and maybe PLD and BST – you’ll be fine… otherwise find a blogger who knows what the hell melee jobs are about. They’re all mentioned here but with little comment.
Certainly looks like DNC got boosted…
- Restraint (WAR Lv.77 Ability Delay: 10 min. Effect Duration: 5 min.)
Enhances your weapon skill power with each normal attack you land, but prevents you from dealing critical hits.
- Perfect Counter (MNK Lv.79 Ability Delay: 1 min. Effect Duration: 30 sec.)
Allows you to counter the next attack directed at you.
- Mana Wall (BLM Lv.76 Ability Delay: 10 min. Effect Duration: 5 min.)
Allows you to take damage with MP.
Ok, so here’s the desperately needed defensive ability but it NOMs MP. I think it could be kinda useful but it doesn’t mean BLMs can drop RDM in favour of SCH. Not that I think they’ll want to, having access to Convert soon. Definitely an ‘Oh shit’ kinda thing and maybe meritable?
- Divine Emblem (PLD Lv.78 Ability Delay: 10 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
Enhances the accuracy of your next divine magic spell and increases enmity.
Well shiny for Flash and who doesn’t want more ENM!
- Despoil (THF Lv.77 Ability delay: 5 min.)
Steals items from an enemy while inflicting a status ailment upon it.
- Nether Void (DRK Lv.78 Ability Delay: 5 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
Increases the absorption of your next dark magic spell.
- Double Shot (RNG Lv.79 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 90 sec.)
Occasionally uses two units of ammunition to deal double damage.
- Sengikori (SAM Lv.77 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
Grants a bonus to skillchains and magic bursts initiated by your next weapon skill.
- Futae (NIN Lv.77 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
Grants a bonus to your next elemental ninjutsu by expending two ninja tools.
- Spirit Jump (DRG Lv.77 Ability Delay: 90 sec.)
Delivers a short jumping attack on a targeted enemy which suppresses enmity. Effect enhanced when wyvern is present.
- Blood Pact: Rage “Holy Mist” (SMN Lv.76)
Deals light elemental damage to an enemy.
Who doesn’t want more shinies for SMN and hopefully this is from Alexander which means he gets to stay out now instead of disappearing with our 2 hrs.
- Blood Pact: Rage “Lunar Bay” (SMN Lv.78)
Deals darkness damage to an enemy.
New shinies for Fenrir one assumes…
- Blood Pact: Rage “Night Terror” (SMN Lv.80)
Deals darkness damage to an enemy.
Guessing this is Odin and hopefully will also mean we can have Odin out to play for more than 20s! D’oh prolly Diabolos
- Bolter’s Roll (COR Lv.76)
Increases movement speed for party members within area of effect.
Have to admit, after the dat mine, I saw this one coming. Huzzah for Mazurka Roll!
- Caster’s Roll (COR Lv.79)
Enhances “Fast Cast” effect for party members within area of effect.
ZOMG interesting! Nice for merits though especially if you can hit the BRD with it. Implications for tanks? Not sure – this could be win or phail…
- Tactical Switch (PUP Lv.79 Ability Delay: 3 min.)
Swaps TP of master and automaton.
- Presto (DNC Lv.77 Ability Delay: 15 sec. Effect Duration: 30 sec.)
Enhances the effect of your next step and grants you an additional finishing move.
- Divine Waltz II (DNC Lv.78 Ability Delay: 20 sec.)
Restores the HP of all party members within a small radius.
- Climactic Flourish (DNC Lv.80 Ability Delay: 90 sec.)
Allows you to deal critical hits. Requires at least one finishing move.
- Libra (SCH Lv.76 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
Examines the target’s enmity level.
Hmm, not sure how I would use this – kinda depends on what it does. Might be a bit fail – hard to have any real opinion.
- Blood Boon SMN Lv.60 Occasionally cuts down MP cost of Blood Pact abilities. Does not affect abilities that require Astral Flow.
That’s a nice touch. Conserve MP for Bloodpacts. Always welcome!
- Occult Acumen DRK Lv.45 Grants bonus TP when dealing damage with elemental or dark magic. SCH Lv.78
I’m not sure how in the big scheme of things this helps SCH…
- Mag. Burst Bonus BLM Lv.45 NIN Lv.80 Improves magic burst damage.
Long overdue. Does this mean that SE expects us to bring BLMs into the fold of the xp/merit party again?
- Divine Benison WHM Lv.50
Quickens spellcasting for status ailment recovery magic. Grants a bonus to enmity reduction
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ Cannot fault this! ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
- Resist Amnesia BST Lv.15 PUP Lv.15 COR Lv.30
Gives you a slight resistance against amnesia.
– White Magic
- Cure VI: WHM Lv.80
What you’d expect – now how does it work…?
- Protect V: WHM Lv.76 / RDM Lv. 77 / SCH Lv.80
- Shell V: WHM Lv.76
Nice – individual tier Vs ftw! Shame RDM gets them so soon, but I envisage Prot VI and Shell VI eventually. I’m guessing they’ll come in the 80-90 stretch.
- Baramnesia: RDM Lv.78
- Baramnesra: WHM Lv.78
Can’t argue with anti amnesia stuffs! Hopefully they’ll add Barlight or dark before we hit 99. Barlumina and Barnocta or something would be nice.
– Black Magic
- Stone V: BLM Lv.77 / SCH Lv.79 (Addendum: Black)
- Water V: BLM Lv.80
- Aspir II: DRK Lv.78
Nothing unforeseen here. I do hope they will give BLM Aspir II in the 80s though.
- Foe Requiem VII: BRD Lv.76
- Army’s Paeon VI: BRD Lv.78
- Knight’s Minne V: BRD Lv.80
Nothing huge here. I guess they’re reluctant to hand out the March/Minuet shinies too soon.
- Aisha: Ichi: NIN Lv.78
*Uses the ninja tool “Soshi”.
No clue .
More jobs will be able to learn the following spells:
– White Magic
- Shell IV: PLD Lv.80 – No surprise here
- Phalanx: PLD Lv.77 – HOLY CRAP! That’s almost sensible…
- Regen II: RDM Lv.76 – Nice and about time. Not sure if necessary if all RDMs spam /SCH though.
– Black Magic
- Stone III: DRK Lv.76 – always amuses me that DRKs can nuke
- Stone IV: RDM Lv.77 – No surprises here
- Water III: DRK Lv.80 – seriously amused
- Water IV: RDM Lv.80 – again, what you’d expect
Several new blue magic spells will be added.
The following adjustments will be made to existing job abilities:
- – Beastmasters will be able to invoke the aid of six new creatures via the “Call Beast” ability by using the following items: Cunning Brain Broth / Lucky Carrot Broth / Deepbed Soil / Wool Grease / Vermihumus / Dancing Herbal Broth
- – The level requirement for the samurai ability “Sekkanoki” will be reduced from 60 to 40.
- – When dragoons use the “Spirit Link” ability, half of their wyvern’s TP will be transferred to them.
- – If a corsair’s “Double-Up” ability produces a total of XI, the roll’s effect duration will be extended to 10 minutes. FULL OF WIN!
- – Dancers will be able to perform the ability “Cure Waltz” on non-party members. MAYBE THEY’LL STOP WHINING NOW!
- – The “Dual Wield” job trait will become available to dancers at level 20, with the degree of mastery increasing in stages thereafter.