Walk of Echoes has been ok on Shiva but the interest is definitely waning. In the few weeks since the update the interest has been slowly dying off. Still most of the time there is enough interest to have 1-2 fluxes going on. Usually 7 & 9. During JP primetime it tends to be a little busier and 11 gets spammed.
I actually prefer 8 and 11. I’m beginning to hate Amphiptere.
If you are EVERYONE!
The countdown timer for the battlefield does not start until you aggro or engage the first mob… So if there are 5-6 people inside waiting, do not run in AND START FIGHTING THE FUCKING MOB! Especially if it’s 10 a.m. game time and you know there aren’t a horde of people about to enter. People are sat here because they want to do the fight and so want to encourage people to enter. However because they want to beat the bloody conflux, they are waiting for others before engaging. It’s not fucking rocket science!
I appreciate that not everyone knows how SMN works or in fact (it would seem) how any game mechanics work.
If you are a SMN
Garuda is not always the answer to everything!
What heresy is this I speak?! No seriously… Yes Garuda is a great DD but let’s think about it a second. If you are fighting mobs weak to blunt, use an avatar which inflicts blunt damage. What?!
Avatars do have different damage types. On bones, Titan is awesome. He’s awesome for two reasons…
1) He does blunt damage
2) He has good protective bloodpacts
If a mob is spamming an AoE attack which AoE drains HP from everyone in range then it becomes harder to kill it, the more people/pets around it there are. So… how about this? You use Stoneskin which lands on those 15-36 people and the mob drains nothing back and you get to smash it faster?
Learn your elemental wheel! If a mob is strong to wind based attacks then don’t use freaking Wind Blade on it. Sure if it’s dishing out wind based attacks it’s nice to not take much damage from them but the avatar which is of the element STRONG to wind, i.e. Shiva (Ice) won’t either. Oh and look, Shiva does more damage!
Oh and Tapana has stances. You have both physical and magical BPs. Amazing. Learn which is which!
Think about which bloodpacts your avatar has which can help the group at large. If you’re weak and don’t have much MP, stick a free Carby in there. You can AoE cure a ton of people and more useful ly AoE remove HP and MP down… Same with Leviathan. He can do great physical damage AND heal. Or he can enfeeble the mob.
Think about the group at large. Sure Hastega is nice but if Garuda isn’t doing much damage, why not try something else? Titan on Bones, maybe Shiva or Leviathan on Amphiptere? Maybe Carby occasionally. Try dispelling with Fenrir? Or hell Stun with Ramuh.
Garuda is not always the answer to everything.
If you are a BLM.
Leave Walk of Echoes and never darken my door again. Well ok, there’s like 1 in 10 BLMs who I applaud in there, the rest can go jump.
YAY! You have big spells aren’t you clever?! Oh shit, you’re running for your fucking life?!
1) Avatars are not good tanks in WoE. They get nommed easily. They do a ton of damage and then get eaten. A SMN then can resummon but wait… it’s not the same guy! Yeah, yeah I know it LOOKS like the same guy but this guy is just like the other guy but WITHOUT ANY HATE! So every time an avatar dies, the mob looks around for whoever is next on its hate list. ZOMG that could be you, the BLM who just Bliz V fifteen spells in a row.
2) Enmity douse is on a 10 min timer. So don’t fucking be stupid and overnuke when its down. Sure Manawall helps. Not much, even with taru mp.
3) SMN BPs can easily be lost so if the mob is being kited around Walk of Echoes by an idiotic BLM in a panic it makes it more difficult to rescue your stupid butt. If you’re lucky, someone will use a magical BP which has more chance of landing at range, do sufficient damage to distract the mob and save your butt. Otherwise they’re trying to use a physical BP which is dependant on the fucking mob being hit and not run out of range. SE gave us a break because believe me if I still had to wait 45-60s to BP again, I would hunt you down and kill you for the number of times I’ve lost BPs.
4) Stun is awesome. If you are not stupid. Don’t just stand there and marvel at the sea of Garudas (grrrh!) depopping and all the players falling to the floor. Stun the nasty bloody TP moves you idiots. Yes, I know timers exist and no, you can’t stun all of em. But if 4 BLM decide to cast stun instead of getting themselves killed by pure stupid, the entire run will go more smoothly.
5) If you are double weak your spells will do shit. Think about it.
6) If you are running for your life… do NOT run towards hordes of resting people. You know those people trying to get MP after dying to that TP move you DID NOT STUN. Because their HP will be low and any TP move or spell the mob uses will kill them all over again. Oh and probably make them double weak. Move the fuck away or just freaking die. How can anyone save you if they can’t hit the fucking mob?
So yeah, er. That’s my opinion on some stuff in Walk of Echoes >.>