Put up some images on Imgur of all the new Esoteric weapons 🙂
Slycer has done his usual fantastic job of translating a Japanese post from Matsui and getting it online before the official English translation. You should really check it out. Elemental magic is getting an overhaul but there are mentions of changes to:
- Merited Weaponskills
- Elemental Magic
Slycer’s post is here http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112776-Dev-Tracker-Findings-Posts-(NO-DISCUSSION)?p=5553649&viewfull=1#post5553649 I’m sure the official translation will appear shortly.
Thanks for all your responses regarding battle mechanics.
While this proposal includes many different adjustments, instead of thinking of these as individual projects, please consider this more of a general battle adjustment.
Near the end of last year there was a lot of talk about policies, however, because specifics were not mentioned, it was difficult to continue the discussion. By giving some of the ideas about the battle system in consideration by the development team, we can move the discussion forward.
Please note that none of the details have been completely confirmed, and I am not saying that this is all we will do to adjust the overall battle system.
The intent of these adjustments are not to solve everything that you have talked about, but they are just meant to be a starting point.
Balancing One-Handed and Two-Handed Weapons
There has been a lot of discussion on the forum about making adjustments to one-handed weapons.
As far as the status of the correction and how it will be applied, as compared to two handed-weapons, there is a higher need to use food or other choices to increase accuracy and land hits.
As an example, we may increase the correction values of the main weapon slot for one-handed weapons. We are considering adjustments in that kind of direction.
About Dark Knight
I have been reviewing discussion threads such as “Is Dark Knight too strong?” and I realize as I commented at Vana’fest that they have become stronger over time. At the same time, we put off many of the adjustments that were initially considered, but many people remembered these and were still interested.
For Dark Knight, we plan to make adjustments to Last Resort and Desperate Blows.
In the current situation, for all jobs, the equipment/magic haste maximum is the same. However, as far as abilities go, Desperate Blows is, by far, the highest value of all of them.
If we simply reduced the value of Desperate Blows then it would just become weaker, so, instead, we will reduce the value of Desperate Blows but also move some percentage of the haste effect to Last Resort:
* Desperate Blows Haste maximum +25% (assuming 5 merits)
* Desperate Blows: Haste maximum +10% (assuming 5 merits)
* Last Resort: Haste +15%
To clarify, we will make this adjustment so that the haste is effective even if you have your sub job set to Dark Knight.
Presently, it’s difficult to imagine a situation in which someone would choose dark knight as a sub job. However, I think after this adjustment, a number of new possibilities will be opened up to allow it to be considered.
We have received a lot of feedback that there are really very few benefits of increasing defense, and to increase those benefits. For the so-called attack/defense ratio, in the higher ranges where the meaning of this is reduced, I would like that meaning to be retained.
For example, I want there to be a noticeable difference as far as lowering the damage taken by raising defense, with significant noticeable benefits for abilities such as Defender. On the flip side, for effects that decrease defense like Last Resort, the damage taken should be even higher than before.
About Merit Point Weapon Skills
Another significant set of requests I’ve received were in this thread about raising the maximum on the merit point weapon skill category. Rather than making this adjustment, we are considering adjusting the weapon skill correction value so that there is a benefit to using these even at the first upgrade level.
The correction value will be raised to 65% at the first stage, up to 85% at the fifth stage; 5% per stage. (This means no change to the maximum.)
About Elemental Magic
We’ve received a wide variety of suggestions about elemental magic. First off, let’s start with adjustment to the damage.
Instead of having lower initial damage, the earth attribute will improve MP cost performance. In addition, there will be a stronger INT correction as well. By being aware of the INT levels, the associated damage may be brought closer to that of lightning.
* MP efficiency: Earth > Water > Wind > Fire > Ice > Lightning
* INT compensation: Earth > Water > Wind > Fire > Ice > Lightning
* Initial damage amount: Lightning > Ice > Fire > Wind > Water > Earth
* Maximum damage amount: Lightning > Ice > Fire > Wind > Water > Earth
* MP efficiency: I > II > III > IV > V
* INT compensation: V > IV > III > II > I
* Initial damage: V > IV > III > II > I
* Maximum damage: V > IV > III > II > I
* The values below have no magic attack power adjustments
* INT+0 and INT+100 on the table represent the difference between the caster’s and target’s INT.Code:I INT+0 INT+100 Before After Before After Stone 10 10 42 160 Water 16 25 66 165 Aero 25 40 92 170 Fire 35 55 108 175 Blizz 46 70 126 180 Thunder 60 85 149 185 II INT+0 INT+100 Before After Before After Stone 78 100 175 350 Water 95 120 195 355 Aero 113 140 213 360 Fire 133 160 233 365 Blizz 155 180 255 370 Thunder 178 200 278 375 III INT+0 INT+100 Before After Before After Stone 210 200 360 550 Water 236 230 386 560 Aero 265 260 415 570 Fire 295 290 445 580 Blizz 320 320 470 590 Thunder 345 350 495 600 IV INT+0 INT+100 Before After Before After Stone 381 400 581 850 Water 410 440 610 865 Aero 440 480 640 880 Fire 472 520 672 895 Blizz 506 560 706 910 Thunder 541 600 741 925 V INT+0 INT+100 Before After Before After Stone 626 650 855 1200 Water 680 700 909 1220 Aero 734 750 967 1240 Fire 785 800 1014 1260 Blizz 829 850 1058 1280 Thunder 874 900 1103 1300
For casting time and recast time, we will do the following. We plan to eliminate the differences between the casting/recast times within magic tiers. For example, all tier I nukes will have 0.5 second cast time and 2 second recast time.Code:I MP Cost Cast Time Recast Time Before After Before After Before After Stone 9 4 1.5 0.5 6.5 2 Water 13 10 1.75 0.5 7.75 2 Aero 18 16 2 0.5 9 2 Fire 24 22 2.25 0.5 10.25 2 Blizz 30 28 2.5 0.5 11.5 2 Thunder 37 34 3 0.5 13 2 II MP Cost Cast Time Recast Time Before After Before After Before After Stone 43 36 3.25 1.5 14.5 6 Water 51 43 3.5 1.5 15.75 6 Aero 59 51 3.75 1.5 17 6 Fire 68 60 4.25 1.5 18.5 6 Blizz 77 68 4.5 1.5 19.75 6 Thunder 86 77 4.75 1.5 21 6 III MP Cost Cast Time Recast Time Before After Before After Before After Stone 92 64 5.25 3 22.5 15 Water 98 75 5.5 3 24 15 Aero 106 88 5.75 3 25.25 15 Fire 113 101 6 3 26.5 15 Blizz 120 115 6.25 3 27.75 15 Thunder 128 129 6.75 3 29.25 15 IV MP Cost Cast Time Recast Time Before After Before After Before After Stone 138 112 7 6 30.75 30 Water 144 129 7.25 6 32 30 Aero 150 148 7.5 6 33.25 30 Fire 157 169 8 6 34.75 30 Blizz 164 190 8.25 6 36 30 Thunder 171 213 8.5 6 37.25 30 V MP Cost Cast Time Recast Time Before After Before After Before After Stone 222 156 8.75 10 39 45 Water 239 182 9.25 10 40.25 45 Aero 255 210 9.5 10 41.5 45 Fire 270 240 9.75 10 42.75 45 Blizz 282 272 10 10 44 45 Thunder 294 306 10.25 10 45.5 45
Based on these, we will continue with the adjustments of other elemental magic.
First, we plan to make adjustments to the new Nyzul, Legion, Odin’s Chamber II, Voidwatch(through Provenance Watcher), [old] Salvage, and Walk of Echoes. We will consider making adjustments to new Salvage in the future as the need arises. The adjustments to each content being considered are as follows:
* Adjust the range of random warps moving up the tower.
* Adjust the level of monsters that appear
* Adjust the attack and defense power of monsters
Odin’s Chamber II
* Adjust the level of monsters that appear
* Increase the scope of Void clusters to include Provenance (including Provenance Watcher).
* Review the drop rate of level 35 equipment
* Adjust Bhaflau Remnants to have the equipment that drops from NM also drop from other monsters.
Walk of Echoes
* Adjust the level of monsters that appear
* Remove the EX attribute from the various coins
* Add pouches from which multiple devious dice or liminal residues can be obtained.
While we will continue to adjust as necessary after this, if you cannot immediately win a battle in a short period of time, please continue to keep trying different techniques and strategies. \
Again, please note that this is not meant to be all-inclusive. There are many other items under consideration (including enmity and TP given), and we have to decide on when to make these implementations and in what order.
Thanks for your time!
Thanks Spira 🙂
Spira uploaded a new vid of ALL the ws
I’m getting nothing done this morning at work as I keep being interrupted with different things. So I’ve given up and am writing a blog post, line by line.
The mini-update is full of small, useful things and has resulted in a mad flurry of subjob levelling and skilling up. We decided that it was a good time for the shell to focus on getting people’s skills up to scratch too. Consequently, I have to finish my Great Sword to at least 240ish. It’s sat at 197 right now. The aim is to have as many Red and Blue proc’s covered by as many job combinations as possible. We don’t always have the ideal setups for mobs we can kill so if everyone who can do the required WS has access then we can come up with some novel combos. Read More…
From the FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team
With the September version update fast approaching, the development team is putting the finishing touches on another set of formidable new weapon skills that will be added to the repertoire of adventurers wielding empyrean weapons, as well as certain arms upgraded through Trial of the Magians.
As before, we’re pleased to be able to offer players a special video preview of these fourteen visually impressive and potent new skills. Don’t miss it!
Feast your eyes on the preview!
(*The final release version of the weapon skills may differ slightly from the development content presented here.)
The last week I’ve been trying to recover from the stress and general anarchy of the last few weeks. I’ve been sick and under the weather and soon I have to move a couple of hours east and I don’t have that much longer to do it. So I promised myself some time out this week. Which is what I’ve done from real life, and explains how I’ve done so much in game… Read More…